FROM YOUR TEACHER:
Please join the Class of 2020-21 Facebook Group. Videos and information will be posted to this group.
Packets of schoolwork for your child can be picked up outside the school during the day. If you would rather not pick up at the school, you may receive all assignments through Google Classroom. A new packet will be available each week at the school or on Google Classroom.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO BOTH THE PRINTED HANDOUTS AND GOOGLE CLASSROOM. CHOOSE ONE.
GOOGLE CLASSROOM UPDATE
Fifth graders will begin using a digital platform to continue school in a virtual manner. To access Google Classroom, go to https://classroom.google.com/ and enter this access code: srfxebd. Assignments will be posted on Google Classroom for students to complete.
For access to Adventure Academy and other school-wide free web programs, click HERE.
Other Helpful Links:
- Fluency and Fitness: Review of reading and math skills as well as physical fitness.
- Go Noodle: Physical fitness
- Educational Netflix Shows
- Podcasts for Elementary Students
- Books read to students online (by celebrities)
- Mystery Science: Science experiments for home
- PBS: Free lessons specifically for each grade level
- EdHelper: Free weekly worksheets per grade level
- Khan Academy: Free lessons per grade level
- Art for Kids: Youtube channel with art tutorials and such
- LIVE STREAM: Watch a live stream at 2pm each day this week (starting Monday, 3/16) for a look into the lives of some cool people including: a vet, police officer, a yoga instructor, etc. This is free on Facebook.
- Virtual Field Trips: Specifically geared toward kids.
- Scholastic Daily Plans: A lesson a day for 20 days for each grade level
- Cincinnati Zoo Home Safari: Each day at 3pm, the zoo will do a Facebook Live highlight of one of its animals beginning Monday with Fiona the Hippo.
- Prodigy Math Games: To help review math skills, students can play these games
- Bedtime Math: Another free math game site
- Educational Minecraft: A Minecraft game that is the education edition
- Virtual Museums
- Streaming of Broadway Musicals
- The Great Courses: Videos and online talks focusing on several topics
- Ted Talks for Kids: Lectures that would be interesting and suitable for kids.
- Magical Moments Storytime: Daily readings of books by your child's favorite storybook characters including Belle and Ariel.
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems: Famous author of the Pigeon books wil upload a video a day for kids to learn to draw